Saturday, February 16, 2008

Mind and Body..


on day before yesterday, at night I couldn't sleep!! I tried but dint succeed...then I searched around for something to read and find one book named "Paths of meditation", I bought it earlier some time from sec-14 market...

I read one definition of meditation and its purpose. I liked it too much so sharing here...Book was containing the explanation of meditation according to different theories...

According to it Body is a tray and our mind and sense is like water filled in that tray and the sun of eternal joy is shining over it. This shining sun can be seen by its reflection on the water.

But our senses never remains calm and this water in the tray is never quiet. It is fluctuating...we can not see the shining sun of eternal joy and peace. Meditation can slow down and probably make quiet the movement of this water in the tray or senses and minds and let us see the shining sun of eternal joy.

No comments: